Avoid oral health care hazards like the food and drinks in your diet. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some foods that have been proven to actually strengthen your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the terrific benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Saliva is a known cavity-fighter in your mouth and can be naturally increased by chewing sugarless gum.
– Foods high in calcium and phosphorus have been shown to keep your tooth enamel strong and re-mineralized. This includes heavy meats such as chicken, as well as nuts, milk, and cheese.
– Pears and apples are beneficial for cleaning your mouth by washing away harmful food particles. They can also increase the mouth’s production of saliva, which can neutralize harmful acids.
– Acidic foods such as citrus fruits and tomatoes can put your teeth at a heightened risk for dental erosion.
– Although snacking between meals is often linked to damage to your waistline, it can also damage your gum line by increasing your risk for dental erosion and gum disease.
If you think you have any tooth damage, please call Trecker and Lopez Family Dentistry so we can get you in to see Dr. Marcus Lopez and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, and we can be reached at 413-782-5159. We look forward to seeing you smile bright this summer!