Healthy smiles require constant care and attention to maintain them and protect them against tooth decay and gum disease. Our Trecker and Lopez Family Dentistry team works hard to provide quality dental care for our patients in Springfield, Massachusetts. To do this, we use digital x-ray technology to safely diagnose your oral health.
Dr. Marcus Lopez has found using digital x-rays to evaluate our patient’s smiles to be an accurate and safe way to diagnose oral issues. Digital x-rays can give detailed images of your teeth, jawbone, and soft tissue to find anomalies which are not visible with just an oral exam.
Indeed, digital x-rays can illuminate subtle cracks in dental fillings, bone loss, or decay between your pearly whites. And while the traditional method of taking x-rays is considered safe it still exposes you to unnecessary radiation. So let’s take a look at some of the benefits of digital x-rays:
- With digital x-rays, you are experiencing 80% less radiation than your traditional versions.
- Digital x-rays allow us to take pictures of your mouth through a sensor in your mouth that is connected to a thin wire to the computer, while traditional x-rays involve cumbersome lead bibs and papers in the mouth with cutting edges.
- Digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than using chemicals and film paper in traditional x-rays.
- Digital x-rays provide insight in seconds and can be resized without compromising quality or accuracy.
- Your digital x-rays can be forwarded electronically to another specialist or to support insurance claims without having to deal with cumbersome film paper.
Digital x-rays are the perfect option for illuminating your smile health in Springfield, Massachusetts. Please feel free to give us a call at 413-782-5159 if you have any concerns about your oral health. We are also happy to schedule a consultation with our dentist. Together we can work with you to create a healthy, confident smile!